Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My special wallet

Right now I am busy packing for college. But packing your whole life away is quite the task. So, I'm taking a break. Before I go onto the topic of this post, here are some pictures of my room right now.



It's exhausting sitting here looking at all I have to do before Saturday... so I want to share with everyone my special wallet. I don't know when I started this but it was at least two years ago. It may seem silly but I am actually proud of my little wallet.

Every time I go to a movie or a play or a sporting event or some activity that gives me a ticket of some kind I put it in this wallet. I also write on the back of the ticket who I was with, whether the activity (movie, play etc) was good or not and anything special that happened (so and so tried to hold my hand! or talked to the stars afterward! etc). It is really fun to go back and read what I thought that night, who I was with and stuff. And if I want to rent a movie I can go back and see which ones I liked and which ones I said were bad. (When Dustin got back from his mission we whipped the wallet out and went through all the movies and made a list of the ones Dustin wanted to see)

Here are a couple pictures of my special wallet. I need to get a second one soon because this one is bursting!
Now back to sitting at the piles and piles of things to pack.

5 comments:

  1. ha ha! This is the first I have heard of the wallet! Can we go through it sometime?? That's cool Kays, it's kind of like a journal of tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats really funny and a good memory... I have seen that wallet before but never knew that it meant so much! You little.... always going to movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome collection. I had heard of the wallet but never seen it myself. Someday your kids will like to go through it and maybe try to rent some of your favs. Are you taking it to college?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea...you're so organized kays. As i was watching you pack this week i was in awe of all the different folders you have for, 'family', 'friends' etc. I need to be more like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you all... i do love keeping things. I'm a pack rat and often times keep things I should just throw away! and yes, denae I am taking it with me to college.

    ReplyDelete