Monday, September 7, 2009

Moving in at BYUI

Today I moved into the Virginia Perkins Residence hall at BYU-Idaho. I was the first one there so I got first dibs on my room and bed and bathroom cupboard. Then I met my roommates. They are nice. One is from London so she has a sweet accent. Mom, Dad, Brett and Emily showed me around, got my books, helped me unpack and we all got lunch at the new awesome eatery.

Then they left me.

It was sad. I cried.

I met my RA and some older students walked around and put numbers on each door. Then a roommate and I walked down to the stadium where orientation was starting. We went to the number that was on our door and met a group of boys and girls- my I-team. We played games and got to know each other and for the next two days we'll be with our I-team and go through all the activities of orientation.

Then we walked back and I organized my room. I talked to some siblings on the phone and made my first dinner at college. A hot pocket. I ate with another roommate.

Then a knock on the door announced the arrival of 20 guys that dragged me off to an off campus party. It was fun and I met a lot of people. Tomorrow night there is an all freshman dance on the stadium field. Then on Thursday classes start and I truly begin my college experience.

So right now I am not feeling too bad but I do feel a little lonely and am nervous for classes to start. But it is an adventure and I'll survive. I miss everyone though.

Here are some pictures of my room and roommates.




More to come on college. I'll keep you updated.

6 comments:

  1. It was sad for us too Kaley , leaving you there. But you will enjoy being on your own and not having Mom to ask and do everything. Enjoy life and be happy.............WE LOVE YOU !!! And remember..........YOU ARE NEVER ALONE !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you sis, and remember that Emily and I are right here!! If you ever need anything (except money) please let me know... for the money, talk to Dad!~ Teasin... also emily is quite the cook, so you will be eating good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you kays! I will call 2morrow. I like your room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks awesome kayle! i'm happy that everything is going well...you'll feel a little lonely in college, but it looks like you have cool roommates and a big support system so you'll do just fine! yea byu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did Kelly just spell your name wrong? Kelly- she's your BFF -what?!?

    Kays I'm so glad you're all moved in and things are going well. Great update. Keep them comin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats a nickname the basketball team made up for me denae

    ReplyDelete