Friday, July 15, 2011

Proud Auntie

I am not a very good blogger. But I am going to try and get better so that I have something to read when I get old and can't remember my life.

This has been a great year so far. Mainly because I got four... yes you read that right... FOUR new nephews! I am a lucky girl with such a wonderful family. I have no kids of my own yet and so my 20 nieces and nephews are my pride and joy. I love them so much and love getting to spend time with them. I talk about them and how wonderful they are and show off pictures as often as I can.

Mack LeRoy Harlow was born first out of the four. He was born on April 7th. I was lucky to still be home in California and so I got to be involved a little. The night before Mack arrived, Denae called and asked me to come up to her house and stay the night with her other kids while her and Dave went to the hospital. I could hardly sleep that night I was so excited. The next day I got the kids ready for school and dropped them off. Then around noon Mack came! I waited a little and then went and picked up the kids and off to the hospital we went!
It is always a wonderful experience for me to meet a new baby, especially one in my family. I feel instantly bonded to them. Babies are just so innocent and perfect. The next week I stayed at the Harlows and tried to help as much as I could. My favorite moments were at night when Denae and Dave would get some sleep and I would just hold Mack in my arms for hours. Looking into his big eyes and rocking him to sleep. Tracing his beautiful face and smelling that perfect baby smell. He was so calm and happy, hardly ever fussy. I don't get to see my nieces and nephews all the time so when I do I try and create memories for us or just me. This was one I'll always remember with Macky boy.


Miles Robert Blodgett was born next, just four days later! April 11th he came into the world. I didn't get to see him right away but the first moment I could get away from school I drove down to meet the beautiful boy. Miles is such a happy baby. By the time I got to meet him, he was smiling. His little eyes get all squinty and its just about the happiest, cutest thing I've ever seen. He is very chill too. He will just hang out in my arms and be happy as can be. Getting to hold and talk to him was so fun. He gets all excited and shaky when you talk to him and it cracks me up! I was laughing so much talking to this little guy.

Cooper Blaine Blodgett was born next, a few months after Miles! He came on June 26th, 3 weeks early! When I drove down to meet him later that week, I saw him on the floor in one of those little half circle baby things and he was so small! I gasped out loud! I went and got to hold him and he was so new to the world and so little! He was so adorable! I didn't get to see his eyes the whole time because he was sleeping the whole time I was over! It was fun to see how Wyatt reacted to a new baby in the family. He was cute and sweet to Coop. I didn't get to spend much time with the little guy and I can't wait to be closer in the fall!

Parker Vance Blodgett came last. He arrived on July 3rd. We were all at a family reunion in the middle of Oregon except Brett, Emily, Devin and Kim and we had no service! Mom and Dad biked down to the local town where there was service and found out the news! Emily did a great job with her first baby, going all natural! Denae, Julie and I borrowed a cousin's phone who said she could get service in this one spot and called to get the details, we were so excited! I got to meet Parker the following Wednesday. He has a full head of dark hair! He was so cute! I got to hold him for a little bit and I couldn't decide who I thought he looked more like. I still don't know! I guess we'll see as he grows up. I didn't get to be with him too long so I'm excited for fall to be closer!

I miss these little babies! It is such a blessing that they all arrived here healthy. I am excited to watch them grow up and be great friends with each other. I'm glad my nieces and nephews have a lot of cousins to make some fun memories with. I remember hanging out with my cousins growing up and even now as we've gotten older. Other than the Gospel, Family is the most important thing there is.

And because of my Savior, Jesus Christ, I can be with these little guys and the rest of my family, forever.


Mack

Cooper


Miles and Parker Below: Miles and Mack Above: Cooper and Parker
Mack
Miles
Parker












3 comments:

  1. so cute Kays!! And they are all such lucky little boys to have you for an auntie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kays- you are the best auntie in the world. Great blog post. These boys (and all the kids) love you so much! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet post Kays. Thats fun to document what you're first memories were with each baby. You're a great Aunt....heck! I wish you were mine! :) Love you! And can't wait!!! to be closer in the fall.

    ReplyDelete